Monday, September 6, 2010

Ruth and the Jewel of the Night

Had an amazing evening tonight - dinner with friends and family at home as a farewell dinner. My parents were amazing hosts and both family friends and my friends from San Francisco had a lovely afternoon and evening swimming, eating, drinking, chatting and laughing. I had such a great time, and my favorite nights are always my favorite people around one table, having a good time.

I have an amazing support group which I am so thankful for - everyone I've spoken to in the last two weeks has congratulated me, told me what an amazing experience I will have, wished me well, told me how proud of me they are, how inspired they are, how brave I am, and how this will be nothing like anything else I've experienced - the experience of a lifetime. Which I know it will be. Feel like I must be slightly insane though, but hopefully in a good way.

I definitely feel that this is the right decision for me, otherwise I know I would be more worried about it. And I am worried about it, but I think that's in a not-really-thought-about-the-next-6-months-because-I-know-I-will-survive kind of way, not an oh-shoot-what-have-I-done-I don't-think-this-is-going-to-work kind of way. Not sure that I really have choice either way at this point, which is totally fine. I'm forging ahead, come what may!

Next post will be post-packing-experience... if I live to tell the tale...

R.

1 comment:

  1. It was absolutely glorious! An honor to share the evening with you lovely Ruth and so great to see you again, albeit briefly, last night. Missing you already, excited for you already, can't wait to read and read and read. Love you!

    ReplyDelete